Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Babies, Babies Everywhere!

I'm not sure if it's the stage of life I'm in or something else in the air, but everyone I know seems to be starting a family or expanding their existing family. In my frenzy to make homemade gifts for baby showers, serve as a supportive friend in conversations about pregnancy and hone my doula skills I've turned to library books for ideas and insight. Our Urbana Free Library new book shelf has some books that are quite fitting for these topics.


 The Pregnant Body Book by Sarah Brewer is an excellent week-by-week illustrated reference book that shows the female body as it changes during pregnancy. This book describes the anatomy and physiology of the reproductive system. It includes scans, photos and 3D imaging of both the female body and the baby inside it through pregnancy. 


To Baby With Love: 35 Gorgeous Gifts to Make for Babies and Toddlers by Deborah Schneebeli-Morrell is a great resource for gift ideas once that new little person in your life greets the world. There are baby quilts, toddler toys or decorations for a baby room. I think you'll find this book inspiring and useful to make a gift that's special.




If you're looking for more books about pregnancy and childbirth check out our book display at the top of the stairs on the second floor or ask a reference librarian to help you locate more.

No comments: