Wednesday, October 6, 2010

True Grit

This is how the phone call went with my mom, who's a fan of westerns (although she prefers the frontiersman/pioneer type to the new sheriff in town, meet me outside at noon tomorrow sort).  I told her that the Coen brothers have a newly adapted film of True Grit coming out.  She tells me it was a John Wayne movie that they're remaking.  No, I tell her, they're shooting from a new script they've adapted from Portis's book.  It's not a remake.

That is how every other conversation I've had about the film has gone as well.

So, what do we do?  I'm thinking, first read or reread the book [1].  Then, check out or re-check out the John Wayne film [2].  Then, on or after Christmas, go see the Coen brothers film [3].  Write that down.



1. How do you like to read True Grit?  Paperback? HardboundLarge Print?

2. I reckon you'll want to watch the John Wayne version on DVD.

3.For more info on the forthcoming True Grit film, mosey over to IMDb.

No comments: